Saturday 29 October 2011

Doing some hill work?

Today I want to recommend Placebo's cover of that fantastic Kate Bush song Running Up That Hill.  It is exactly 90BPM, so perfect to rhythm a 180 strides per minute run.

"Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill"

Another cover of this song I love is by Kiki and Herb, who played it at a show I saw in Philidelphia on September 13th, 2001, just a few days after the Sept 11th attacks.  It was very moving, but in that version the BPM isn't right for running, so for my running playlist I stick to the Placebo version.  It has a very strong beat and I just can't help move my feet in sync to this song.

2 comments:

  1. Special Needs from the same album (Sleeping with Ghosts) is another great song that often comes up in my own running playlist and clocks in at 89.25bmp. Nearly perfect. Great blog btw, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Chris. I also run to special needs, and lots of other Placebo, I love them. I posted this one because the lyrics are just so right for running. I'll have to do another Placebo song soon.

    ReplyDelete