Saturday 17 December 2011

Between Me and the Rain

Often I have run to withstand, no release the pressures of my life; motherhood and my 'real' job and a difficult marriage.  Almost a year ago now I had a serious running injury, fractured cuboid.  Don't fracture your cuboid, it takes forever to heal.  Its been only recently I have done a few short runs and I can still feel the injury is not healed.  So I've been biking a lot and that's fun, but its just not the same as running, it doesn't 'excercise my demons' in the same way.  And without the intoxication of running I had to take a sober look at my marriage, and it did not survive that.   So ironically this injury saved my life.  But still some things, motherhood especially, I don't want to quit!  So if running can release some of the pressure of that and bring me back to it calm and full again, well that's just great.  Some of my running music is kind of dark, maybe even angry, or wild, because that's how I sometimes start my runs, so these songs are usually at the beginning of my running play list, like this one Hurricane Drunk by Florence And The Machine.

No walls can keep me protected
No sleep
Nothing in between me and the rain
And you can't save me now
I'm in the grip of a hurricane
I'm gonna blow myself away

Its at a BPM of 90 so works for a SPM (strides per minute) of 180.  Oh and plus the album's called Between Two Lungs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment